Friday, October 9, 2009

Foodie Friday – Sweet Potato Bread

 

sweet potato bread 1

I Love This Bread!

Sweet Potato Bread

Ingredients:
  • 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, sifted
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 1 cup granulated sugar
  • 1 cup chopped pecans  (optional)
  • 1/2 cup chopped dates or raisins (optional)
  • 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
  • 1/2 cup applesauce
  • 4 tablespoons milk
  • 1 cup cooked and mashed sweet potatoes sweet potato bread 2
Preparation:

Grease bottom of a loaf pan approximately 9- x 5- x 3-inches. Stir together flour, baking powder, salt and spices in mixing bowl; stir in the sugar, pecans, and raisins or dates. In a separate bowl, combine eggs, applesauce, milk, and mashed sweet potatoes; stir to blend well. Add wet mixture to the dry ingredients and mix with a large spoon just until the mixture is moistened. Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake at 325° for about 1 hour and 10 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on a rack for 15 minutes. Remove from pan and continue cooling on wire rack.

 

sweet potato bread 3

 

To enjoy more Foodie Friday Recipes visit Designs by Gollum.

Foodie Friday Logo 2

6 comments:

  1. Tammy, you can put sweet potatoes into just about anything, and I will eat them. They are so good! This recipe sounds wonderful. Thank you for sharing it with us.

    Have you ever tried sweet potato fries? There's a local restaurant that makes them, and they are FABULOUS!

    Happy Foodie Friday...

    XO,

    Sheila :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I love sweet potato fries too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It really does look good. I love that you've replaced fat with applesauce. I'll wager this was delicious. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This bread looks heavenly! A perfect tea time treat :)

    Blessings!
    Gail

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a delicious fall bread! Love this recipe -- it's a keeper.
    Thanks.
    Cass

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks delicious..
    I love Sweet Potatoes!
    Thanks for the recipe, and thank you for stopping in at my blog..
    Hope to see you again!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin