Sunday, September 14, 2008

A Day in My Life - September

a day in

My Day started with me still wide awake and trying to get to sleep.  I sometimes suffer from insomnia and last night was one of those nights.

~Went to bed at 12:30 after watching Madea Goes to Jail.

~Stayed in bed until 1:30 AM determined to get some sleep.

~Couldn't fall asleep so went to the computer and read emails, blogs, and facebook updates.

~ Around 2:00 I went back to bed and refused to get up again.

~I tossed and turned and kept looking at the clock to see what time it was.

~The last time I remember looking at the clock before falling asleep it was 4:07 AM.

~I woke up at 6:58 AM!

~Got up and did my normal morning activities - prayer, exercise while singing praise and worship songs, tidy the kitchen from dishes left from late night snacks, and care for the animals.

~Randy planned to work today so we didn't plan on going to church.  I let everyone sleep in .

~Took my shower, dressed, stuck my finger, gave myself an injection, and had breakfast.

~John Charles woke up and joined me at the table, but didn't want any breakfast.

~Randy woke and started talking about his plans for his work week. I told him that the weather forecast had changed with rain coming in and he was going to have to re plan his week.

~Randy got frustrated by the news, an argument followed and that pretty much set the tone for the rest of our day.

~I didn't do laundry on Saturday so it was too piled up to wait until Monday.  I sorted the clothes and got the washer started.

~Gave John Charles a bath and went outside with him until our lunch of grilled chicken.

~Did after lunch cleanup and continued the laundry.

~Randy had gone to the drugstore to get my insulin and needles and I asked him to get a Sunday's newspaper.

~When he was home I took the newspaper into the bedroom and went for the sales flyers and coupon section.

~I visited Money Saving Mom's blog to see if she had posted her thoughts about this week's CVS deals.

~Got Randy and John Charles' clothes packed for them to go visit GoGo.

~Once I saw them out the door I realized how exhausted I was and laid down to rest.

~I planned to only take a short nap, but ended up sleeping until nearly 7 PM - that should make certain that I don't sleep again tonight~

~When I got up I talked to Zach and heated leftover Chinese for dinner.

~I finished the laundry and then sat down to read emails and type this blog entry.

~As soon as I finish up here I'm going to watch this sermon that I missed at church this morning.

http://www.griffinfirst.org/templates/System/details.asp?id=27758&PID=216065&Style=

~Then I'll iron clothes for tomorrow, look over lesson plans, tidy the house, take a bath, and hopefully sleep soundly and have a better tomorrow!

 

4 comments:

  1. Wow it sounds like your day was all backwards today. I am sorry about your fight this morning with hubby. Today was hubby's birthday.
    We had a big wind storm here in KY today. I will continue to keep you in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry that it wasn't a better day. Thank you though for having the honesty to post it anyway - it is encouraging to know that I'm not the only person who has a less than perfect life!

    I hope tomorrow is a better day.
    Tia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hoping you feel better and get some rest soon. I had a bout of insomnia that lasted a couple of months a while back. I finally got some books on tape and cd from the library to listen to when I went to bed. The monotonous voices put me to sleep. Took quite a while for my body to re-adjust itself, though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a clock that I can't see in the dark. I think it has helped me.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin