Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Homeschool Memoirs - All About You

http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w108/hsbawards/Homeschool%20Memoirs/hm1you.png

My name is Tammy and I am a homeschooling Mom to a 15 year old son and a 3 year old son.  I have been a homemaker since I was married and have been home with my children since they were born.

The idea of homeschooling had never entered our minds until it came time to register our oldest son for kindergarten.  I think the idea was from God because we didn't know anything about homeschooling and had never known anyone who homeschooled.  We just knew that the thought of sending our child away and entrusting his education to someone else didn't feel right. My husband Randy and I  had a conversation and one of us suggested homeschooling and we both said let's do it.  We believe it was a divine inspiration and a divine agreement and we are thankful that we have been given this lifestyle.

Homeschooling has been so natural for us that I can't imagine any other way of life.   It's even hard for me to write a post like this because in my mind this way of life is as normal as breathing. You don't ask how long have you been breathing and what made you decide to do it. The question that my mind wonders is why isn't everyone homeschooling. 

boys and me 2

9 comments:

  1. Love your entry! I am looking forward to getting to know you!

    Blessings,
    Jen
    www.t2chk.org/jensblog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to meet you! Enjoyed your post.

    Renee'
    http://rmboys2.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your story sounds so much like ours. We started talking about homeschooling the summer before my oldest would have started Kindergarten. My hubby brought it up first and I agreed. Nice to meet you :).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing. So nice to meet you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I completely understand "this way of life is as normal as breathing."

    I love your blog, Tammy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great to meet you! You have a beautiful family!

    Have a great homeschool year!
    Sherry
    http://lampuntomyfeetandalightuntomypath.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice post! I look forward to getting to know you.

    Here's my link: http://cherry-soup.blogspot.com/2008/08/homeschool-memoirs-1-all-about-you.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Tammy :) I enjoyed visiting with you here! Blessings, Q

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin