Monday, June 9, 2008

Make Your House a Home - Week 2

Make your house a home challenge in June

 

I've joined Suzanne in her Make Your House a Home Challenge in June.This week I have tried to create more family time in our home.

I think that a home means family.  Most families occupy the same house, but sadly today, many families don't actually "live" together.  The typical American family is separated most of the day and, as a result, are actually living most of their lives away from home and away from each other.

As a homeschooling family with a family business, we are together most of the time.  But, we still need to be sure that we aren't living parallel lives.

For the challenge this week, I have been trying to see that we are spending more time doing things together - not simply being at home together.

We have had a lot of fun during this time.  We have done simple things like gardening and yard work together and taken walks around the neighborhood in the evenings.  Randy and Zach spent several afternoons together helping the Sheriff's department doing school gunman/hostage tactical training. Except for their paintball bruises they had great fun.  We've also spent time sitting outdoors together at night after the sun sets and the heat dies.  Last night we all caught lightening bugs.  We must have been a sight to the neighbors as we were running through the yard waving nets in the air!

A few weeks ago I posted this list of fun activities.  Daddy's going to choose a few for us to do together each week.  Fun family times are treasured memories that last a life time and make a house a home.

sheriff

lightening bugs

walk

 

walk

2 comments:

  1. Excellent! I love this perspective on making your home a home:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always wanted to see a lightning bug....especially at night. One of those things on my life-to-do list I suppose. :)

    And I enjoyed reading your thoughts on living parallel lives at home. Much to think about.....

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin