Monday, June 9, 2008

In The News Today

These are some of the headline news stories that I saw today at Foxnews and at Rapture Ready. 

Quake measuring 5.1 strikes remote China region
The quake, which struck at 01:56 am (1756 GMT) at a depth of 10 kilometres (six miles), hit southern Qinghai province, which borders Sichuan province where an 8.0-magnitude tremor on May 12 left more than 69,000 people dead.

Strong aftershock hits China's quake lake:
The aftershock struck the swollen Tangjiashan quake lake just after 11:00 am (0300 GMT) Monday, Xinhua news agency reported, quoting one of its reporters at the scene.  

 

Something's Shaking in Antarctica
Scientists have discovered massive, slow-motion "ice quakes" trembling twice a day through the West Antarctic Ice Sheet, an Alaska-sized swath of Antarctica.  

 

Earthquake swarm picks up again in northern Nevada
"I was thinking, 'Here we go with the big one,'" said Daryl DiBitonto, a Reno resident who felt the quake at home. "Late in the morning, I thought the whole house was going to come down. Every time I feel a 3, I think it's going to be the big one. Totally, everyone is on edge again."  

Strong earthquake jolts Greece
The tremor struck around 3:30 p.m. [8:30 a.m. ET] and measured 6.1 in magnitude, according to the U.S. Geological Survey. Athens' Geodynamic Institute registered the quake at 6.5 on the Richter scale --.  

Midwest Swamped

Military crews sandbag Indiana homes as floodwaters reach record levels

 

What does this mean to us?  As my pastor said recently, "the Earth itself is groaning under the pressure of the sin of mankind." We see it in the cataclysmic events taking place in nature.  Jesus Christ is getting ready to come at any moment.  Pastor Valimont also said that everything that God has prophesied  and Jesus talked about has taken place. There's nothing left for Jesus to do before the rapture of the church takes place.

I believe this to be true and my prayer is "Jesus come quickly!"

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin