Thursday, June 12, 2008

Follow The Leader

I received an email devotional entitled Follow The Leader. It was written by Nancy Campbell from Above Rubies.  I personally need to remember the following excerpt:

This is what we have to do, dear mother. We must not drive our children. It only leads to rebellion and defiance. We walk in front of them and lead the way. Jesus beckoned each of his disciples to "Come, follow me." In the same way, we tell our children, "Come, children, follow me. I'll show you the way to go. I'll lead you on the right path. You won't stumble if you follow me." (Jeremiah 31:9) We give them vision. Inspire them to greatness. Motivate them to godliness. Encourage them to dream great dreams. Stir them to fulfill their destiny which has been marked out for them before the foundation of the world.

And let us pray Nancy's prayer:

PRAYER:

"Lord, please help me to shepherd my little flock like you shepherd me. Help me to be a good example for them to follow. Amen."

1 comment:

  1. This is such a beautiful picture of Christ. I have one very much like it in my living room.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin