Thursday, March 20, 2008

In Case You Didn't Know

We decorate eggs each Easter, but I always worry what the eggs will be like on the inside when they're opened.  I was happy to find this on the internet today when I was looking for Easter recipes.  By the way if you have any favorite recipes for Easter please send them my way!

marbelegg

How To Boil Perfect Easter Eggs 

This comes from Fabulous Foods

 

Note from Cheri:
Have you ever eaten Easter Eggs that are so dry their yolks look almost green? Well Sam I Am had it right when he said he didn't like green eggs (we won't even talk about green ham).

Perfect boiled eggs have fluffy, yellow yolks. Here's how to get perfect results every time, so your eggs will taste as good as they look.

Put eggs in a large pot, in a single layer and cover with COLD water. Turn on the heat under the eggs and as soon as they come to a full boil, remove them from the heat and let them sit in the hot water for about 15-20 minutes.

How Fresh Are Your Eggs?
To make sure your eggs are fresh, put raw egg in a glass of water. If it lays on the bottom, it's fresh. If it is on the bottom, but the small end is up, it's still fine. If it is floating in the middle, but not on top, it should be safe, but not very fresh. If it floats, throw it away, it's a rotten egg.

1 comment:

  1. Oh this is great! Mine never seem to turn out JUST RIGHT, so I'll try them this way the next time.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin