Sunday, July 24, 2011

New Hobbies

Our family is enjoy new hobbies this summer.  They both appeal to our adventure seeking natures!  The first is Geocaching. Geocaching is a treasure hunting game. You try to locate hidden containers, called geocaches, using GPS-enabled devices and then share your experiences online. We haven’t had as much luck with finding the caches as we would have liked. So far we’ve only found three!  It’s a fun hobby (as long as you find the cache), but I think I’ll enjoy it a lot more once Autumn arrives.  It’s hot out there!

geo1b

geo4b

The second hobby is one that they guys have wanted to get into for a long time – metal detecting.  Zach bought a used metal detector from craigslist a couple of weeks ago.  Since then he and Randy have spent just about every free minute they’ve had detecting.  They have found a lot of coins (several wheat pennies and liberty dimes) and other things like a pocket knife and an old trigger from a gun.  Most of their finds have been right in our own yard – underneath the old maple tree. Like geocaching though, I think I’ll enjoy it more once cooler temperatures arrive!

metal3

metalb

It’s great to be enjoying new hobbies, especially ones that we can do as a family!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin