Sunday, August 22, 2010

The Simple Woman’s Daybook

 

For today…… August 22, 2010

Outside My Window – It’s a beautiful summer day.  The sun is shinning, plants are still in bloom and the grass needs cutting.

 

I am Listening to – Praise and worship online from Griffin First Assembly of God.

 

I am Wearing – Workout clothes, shorts and tee shirt

 

I am so Grateful for – the quiet afternoon I’ve had – time to organize, think and plan , and even nap

 

I'm Pondering- circumstances in my life  and if I can change them

I am Reading –Fascinating Womanhood

I am Thinking – that there’s still a lot I want to do before we start back to school.

 

I am Creating – lesson plans and a more organized home

 

Towards a Real Education – I’m cleaning and organizing the bookshelves, setting up reading baskets for the boys, creating lesson plans and making last minute purchases for books and supplies.

 

Towards Rhythm and Beauty – Getting back to a normal sleep schedule, trying to figure out how to allow more outside activities into our life without them stealing our family time and rhythms.

 

I am Hoping and Praying – The Lord will poor out His blessings on our family.  It feels like we’ve been cut off from Him for so long and I’m so weary from constant attacks from Satan.

 

In the Garden – Wanting to start a fall garden

 

Around the House – I’m doing a lot of decluttering and giving away things on freecycle.

From the Kitchen – We’ve finished dinner and the kitchen is clean.

 

One of My Favorite Things – Unexpected phone calls

 

A Few Plans for the Rest of the Week – Karate Monday and Tuesday, Royal Rangers Wednesday, First Baseball practice Thursday.  The rest of the week will depend on other baseball practices

Continuing to prepare for the upcoming school year.

And we are going to squeeze in as much summer fun as we can during the rest of August.

A Picture thought

DSCN3381

1 comment:

  1. Tell us more about the reading baskets...what's in them? How do you choose? Do they choose or do you choose? etc, etc. I'd love to know more. :)

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin