Thursday, December 17, 2009

The Pink Pig

We rode the Pink Pig today!  The Pink Pig is a children’s ride that originated  at the downtown Rich’s store in 1953.  It was never a part of my family’s Christmas, but Randy rode the ride each year as a child.  Back then the ride was suspended and encircled the Great Tree on the rooftop. Today the ride is inside a pink tent.  This year Randy’s mother “GoGo” went with us and rode with John Charles.  It was the first time she had seen the new ride. 

DSCN2840

John Charles with his tickets

DSCN2835

GoGo, John Charles and Tammy

DSCN2837

Randy in front of a photo of the ride he enjoyed as a child

DSCN2839

Tammy, GoGo and John Charles riding the pig

DSCN2841

John Charles with his new Christmas ornament

DSCN2844

 

1 comment:

  1. Oh I love the pink pig! I have not been in a long time. I love the pics! Hope you have a great day! Blessings, Faye

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin