Sunday, December 20, 2009

Disaster House

We bought a gingerbread house kit last week.  John Charles was very excited about making it, but we just couldn’t seem to find the time.  We finally decided that last night would be a great time to build and decorate the house.  I guess John Charles didn’t understand what building the house was all about, because all he wanted to do was eat it.  When I told him he couldn’t he left the activity to find something more entertaining to do.  That left Randy, Zach and myself to complete the project.  Surely we could handle it, right?

The completed project would look something like this

DSCN2853

John Charles at the beginning of the project

DSCN2846

Things started out pretty good.  It just seemed to take the roof a little long to set.

 

The competed project!

DSCN2847

What you can’t see in the above photo is that the roof is sliding off.  Zach was telling me you better go ahead and take the photo before it collapses!

 

John Charles in front of the house that he wanted to eat!

DSCN2848

By this point we had the roof propped up with candy canes.

 

Then it happened!

DSCN2852

The entire house fell apart!

 

and

 

John Charles got to eat it!

DSCN2851

DSCN2849

DSCN2850

I guess it was a happy ending!

3 comments:

  1. LOL, yes a happy ending for John Charles. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks yummy! I wish I had some of it! Have A Merry Christmas! Love, Faye

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no T ...... but at least you got pics of it before it crashed to the ground! It did look really smart!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin