Monday, August 3, 2009

2009 Evans Reunion

One of the events that I always look forward to each year is our Evans Reunion in Alabama.  Being on the family land is one of the highlights of my year.  I promise you that I fall asleep almost every night thinking about being back there.

For the last 2 years I haven’t been able to visit the family cemetery while I was there. One year I spent too much time in the cave and last year the gate was locked which meant I would have had to walk the 2.5  - 3 miles up the  steep mountain from the homestead and I was not up to that.   This year we were able to take a truck up the mountain!

 

The ride up the mountain

image

 

The Cemetery

DSCN2077

 

Chavers, Evans, Hall Cemetary

DSCN2074

 

DSCN2058

 

My Great, Great, Great Grandfather “Wild John” Evans

DSCN2075

 

My Great, Great Grandfather “Little Wild John” Evans

DSCN2076

DSCN2063

 

A typical old grave marker

DSCN2069

 

A marker of a Civil War soldier – Andrew Jackson Chavers – no longer able to be read

DSCN2068

 

The graves of 3 children

DSCN2066

 

An old marker being replaced with a new one

DSCN2061

 

Going back down to the reunion site

DSCN2079

 

Where Littlest Wild John is waiting

DSCN2051

1 comment:

  1. "Wild John" and "Little Wild John"...I love it!

    I'm so glad you were able to visit the cemetary while you were there. :)

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin