Thursday, February 26, 2009

Tablescape Thursday

Tablescape

I have recently discovered Tablescape Thursday which is hosted by Between Naps on The Porch.  Do yourself a favor and visit this beautiful blog and enjoy the amazing tablescapes that her readers have shared!

As I looked at so many wonderful table settings this morning it made me realize that I need to improve the looks of my dining table.  We often find ourselves using it for homeschooling, and as a result one end of the table is too often piled with books and papers.  I want to make an effort to see that we clear the table and put our books and supplies away when we are finished with them.

Today has been so beautiful that we enjoyed our lunch outdoors.  As we ate, I thought about Tablescape Thursday and how nice it would have been to have set a prettier table.  This photo from countryliving.com  represents something that I would have enjoyed creating.

tea-party-table-rep0507-de

11 comments:

  1. I know what you mean about books piled on the end of the dining table. My daughter is also a homeschooler. She lives right next door to me. I think she would love this outdoor tablescape as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello there! It's so nice to meet you. I love the outdoor tablescape you've shared today. I can see myself there. So casually elegant. Oh that warmer days would hurry up and come to NC.
    Regarding dining rooms - that is one room in my house that I like to go all out. My boys do their shool work at the kitchen island and at times I feel it is more of a desk than a space for food prep. Oh well, they are but young only once. All smiles in NC,
    Alisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Tammy,
    That is a great table outside you shared with us from Country Living. Very inspiring! My dining room table at the condo is also my computer desk so I always have to clear everything off to do a tablescape.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can clutter just about any space I have. My kitchen island is the worst. We are having guests for dinner tomorrow night, so I guess I'll have to clean it up. I enjoyed seeing the picture from Country Living. Too bad it just published its last issue.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Running late this week visiting blogs....again...oh my, what a wonderful table...and outside!
    Hope you had a great Tablescape Thursday
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow that is a pretty setting. Aren't we all ready for settings and sunshine like that!?
    Linda Q

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great outdoor table and those chairs, so welcoming!

    Carolyn of What Now? Tablescapes

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a pretty table with a touch of whimsy! The colors are just perfect for a garden lunch!

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE this. I love the pink chair. I wish my husband would go for this look.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for visiting my blog on Tablescape Thursday....You need to jump right in next week...you don't always have to have the dining room table set, a table for a meal can be set up anywhere...a picnic on a blanket, the tailgate of a car a t.v. tray! anywhere where you can pull up a seat and eat...don't feel limited by your dining room table....

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wouldn''t that be a fun table to sit at and have lunch with friends? So cheerful! Its great to get inspiration for future outdoor entertaining! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin