Friday, February 27, 2009

Foodie Friday

Foodie Friday Logo 2

DSCN0906

 

Chocolate Pound Cake

Ingredients:
  • 1 cup butter or margarine
  • 1/2 cup shortening
  • 3 cups granulated sugar
  • 5 eggs
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 3 cups flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 4 to 5 tablespoons cocoa
  • 1 cup milk
Preparation:

Beat butter and shortening; add sugar and mix well. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition; beat in vanilla. Combine dry ingredients in a separate bowl then add alternately with milk to creamed mixture. Bake chocolate pound cake in a greased 10-inch tube pan at 325° for 80 minutes, or until chocolate pound cake bounces back when touched lightly in the center with finger.

DSCN0908

To enjoy more Foodie Friday recipes visit Designs by Gollum.

10 comments:

  1. Happy Foodie Friday!Love pund cake...and chocolate too!

    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh yum, I'm copying this into my folder. Thank you for sharing.

    Hugs,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, that is food art! What a great recipe and photo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chocolate poundcake? I will have to try this, thanks for sharing it on Foodie Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I love pound cake and chocolate makes it sound even better! I'm going to have to try this!
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;0

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh! A Chocolate pound cake - I'm saving this recipe. Yum! ~ Robyn

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sounds delicious, and your presentation is gorgeous. Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, man! Look at that chocolate pound cake! May I dive headfirst into it? Oh, YUM!

    Thanks for sharing this!

    Happy FF...

    XO,

    Sheila :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've been looking for a great chocolate pound cake recipe. Thanks! This looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin