John Charles was not happy when we took down own Christmas tree in the living room yesterday. Randy told him that we would leave his tree up a little longer. Today we decided to take the Christmas decorations and colored lights off the tree. We added white lights and began decorating a “Winter Tree”. We added snowflakes that we had bought at the dollar store and made our own snowmen ornaments. We’ll add to the tree as we do winter crafts. Ideas that I have are to use scarves for garland, make felt mittens, color cardinal coloring sheets and cut them out for ornaments, and maybe we’ll find some wintery cookie cutters and make and paint ornaments from those. If we enjoy decorating this tree, we may leave it up and make it our seasonal tree decorating it for Valentines, St. Patrick’s, Easter, etc. I’ll tell you about what we’re doing with our live Christmas tree later!
Friday, January 2, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


I love the idea of a seasonal tree. How fun!
ReplyDeleteYour photo challenge will be fun to watch throughout the year. :)
This is a beautiful shot, Tammy!
ReplyDelete