I hope you are all enjoying a Happy New Year. We have a tradition of spending New Year’s Eve with my sister and her family. Last night we had pizza and snack foods at her house instead of going out for dinner, as we have in the past.
The boys always enjoy their visits with their cousins and really enjoyed last night. Zach spent the night with them, which didn’t please John Charles at all.
We slept very late today! It was almost time to start lunch when I awoke. While I cooked, Randy took down our Christmas tree and decorations.
I wanted to make a peach cobbler for dessert but didn’t have a good recipe. I decided to use my Mama’s Swedish Apple Pie recipe substituting canned peaches for the apples. It was delicious. You’ll have to try it for yourself.
Easy Swedish Apple Pie
- 1 1/2 pounds Granny Smith apples - peeled, cored and sliced
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3/4 cup melted butter
- 1 egg
DIRECTIONS
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Toss apples with 1 tablespoon of sugar, and pour them into a pie plate. Thoroughly mix together 1 cup of sugar with the flour, cinnamon, butter, and egg. Spread this evenly over the top of the pie.
- Bake in preheated oven until the apples have cooked and the topping is golden brown, about 40 to 45 minutes.


That sounds absolutely LUScious, Tammy! Happy New Year!!
ReplyDelete