When I blogged last we were about to celebrate John Charles' 4th birthday. We celebrated with a Star Wars themed party at a local indoor playground.
He was spoiled rotten as always and brought home more toys than any child deserves, but he loves them all and is thankful for each and every one.
After the party John Charles spent a few days with my parents at their south Georgia home. His favorite cousin was there as well and John Charles had a wonderful time.
We spent Thanksgiving at my grandmother's house with all of my family. It won't be remembered by me as a favorite holiday. John Charles "didn't feel like being good" that day.
He was especially determined to annoy the girls. They told me that he kicked them, hit them and slobbered on them. We left early once I realized that I wasn't going to be able to get him under control and I couldn't handle being embarrassed by his behavior anymore.
Once we were home he did calm down and our day ended peacefully, especially when other family members told me that he hadn't been "that bad".
Zach is becoming more and more mature and spending more time away from home. This weekend he is camping in north Georgia we a group friends. He is friends with a family of 4 boys ranging in age from 15-20. We feel like they are a good group of guys and are comfortable with him going off with them. They do have a chaperon with them too!
Sadly, a former neighbor who played at our house with Zach and these boys when they were children was killed this week. He was 19 and shot 3 times by a 16 year old boy over a girl. Events like that remind us just how much we have to be thankful for.
Since our first Christmas together we have always decorated our Christmas tree on the day after Thanksgiving. Today we made our annual trip to the tree farm and chose a beautiful Leeland Cyprus.
We all have our favorite Christmas decorations. I love the nativities and religious touches, Randy loves Christmas villages, and Zach has a nutcracker collection that we'll let him set out when he returns home.
What does John Charles like? Well , when he got home he was ready to open presents. As we wrapped gifts for our family he said "Presents make me talk loud!" I asked why and he said "Because I talk loud when I'm happy and presents make me happy!" I guess it's no surprise that his Daddy let him open one "little" present.
The house feels so comfortable and cozy tonight with the soft white lights and lovely decorations. And the sleeping cat makes it feel just like a picture perfect Christmas card.


Very nice post....you worked so hard on it.
ReplyDeleteI am sorry that your Thanksgiving outing didn't work out.
We are certainly at the mercy of our children at this age.
Sometimes when they feel bad or are just in a bad mood they act that way.
Come to think of it....I guess we all do. :-)
God bless you my dear and have a great day.
PS I need your USPS address again...sorry in my sickness I don't know where I put it. I need to get this package out to you.
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDelete