Tuesday, October 14, 2008

A Day in My Life- October

a day in

This morning I woke up to an absolutely beautiful Autumn morning.  Randy had been hunting last night and this morning so he and John Charles had spent the night at Granddaddy and GoGo's house.  I slept in later than usual and only awoke when they arrived home.

DSCN0238_078

I enjoyed sitting on the front porch talking with them.  The bright sunshine was a pleasant blessing after nearly a week of rainy days and there was a delightfully refreshing breeze blowing.

DSCN0248_088

I saw Randy and Zach off and began my own work around the house.  I fed the animals and then prepared breakfast for myself.  Randy and John Charles had eaten at GoGo's and Zach doesn't care for breakfast. 

DSCN0251_089

John Charles didn't want to be inside on this beautiful morning so he played on the back porch while I ate oatmeal with apples.

I read my emails and the news before beginning the morning household chores. I love to have music playing while I clean and this morning I logged onto our church website and sang along with a recent praise and worship service while I cleaned the kitchen and living room.

DSCN0242_082

As I was finishing the cleaning I received a phone call from Randy telling me that he was having all sorts of problems this morning and asking me to do a google search for him.DSCN0245_085

I did as he asked and then went to get dressed in work clothes.  I brushed my hair, put it into a ponytail and put on lipstick and blush.

I started a load of laundry and decided that it would be a shame to spend this day inside.  John Charles and I went outside together.  I took my Bible out and planned to do some reading, but found myself being interrupted by John Charles' needs, the animals, and the phone.

DSCN0246_086

John Charles played on his swing set while I watered the mums and added water to the fountain.  Then I swept and cleaned the back porch and started a fire in the outdoor fireplace.

DSCN0236_077

I had hoped to be outside until lunch, but John Charles wanted to come inside.  He settled himself on the couch to watch a Clifford the Big Red Dog movie from the rental store and I looked at the photos that I had taken this morning.

As I listened, through the open door, to the sounds of the wind blowing through the trees and the fountain flowing, I copied an email that I had received onto my blog and went back outside to hang laundry on the line to dry.

DSCN0255_093

I started rice to boil and put a load of towels into the washer and sat on the porch for a spell.  I came back inside to add chicken soup to the rice and to make the sandwiches.  Lunch was finished just as Randy and Zach came home.

After lunch chores were taken care of and Randy went to the computer to handle his business, I started Zach on his independent work, and let John Charles play in the bath with his water toys.

DSCN0256_098

I read to John Charles and then was surprised that he fell asleep and had a peaceful afternoon nap.  We had a rare quiet afternoon that was relaxing yet still busy.

 DSCN0257_096

While he slept, I helped Randy handle business papers, had a phone conversation with a friend, and played a round of guess the sketch with Zach.

DSCN0258_095

When nap time was over I served leftover cake, from my recent birthday, for tea time.  I cleaned the kitchen once more and spent a few moments talking with Randy.He and John Charles went back to his parents' house so that he could hunt again.

DSCN0261_094

I will be making dinner as soon as I finish this entry.  It's Mexican night, so we're having tacos, refried beans and nachos with salsa. Tonight I'll spend time directing Zach on the lessons that still need to be completed - Biology and History. I want to exercise and touch up my hair.  Then I'll visit other Day in My Lifers blogs and hopefully be in bed early!

 

That's a day in my life!  To read about others or to join in you can visit Little Jenny Wren.

1 comment:

  1. What a fun day. I loved reading all about it and seeing the pictures that went with everything you did.

    Blog posts like these are fun, just the ordinary day-to-day stuff. Helps us keep in mind we are all human. :)

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin