Monday, August 11, 2008

The Simple Woman's Daybook

 simple-woman-daybook-large

FOR TODAY August 11, 2008...

Outside My Window... The noon day sun is overhead and shining bright and hot.  The sky is a beautiful blue with a few puffy white clouds.  The leaves of the giant maple tree are gently blowing and offering shade to Honey, the cat sleeping beneath.

I am thinking...of the cleaning projects that I want to complete today.

I am thankful for...having a husband who doesn't mind doing the grocery shopping and the fact that I'm able to have this time for myself while he is doing just that.

From the kitchen...The lunch dishes are washed and drying in the rack. We enjoyed leftovers from Nana's Sunday dinner (that's lunch to us southerners) - baked ham, fried okra, corn on the cob, green beans, potatoes, and biscuits.  Yum yum!  There's a homemade chocolate cake for tea that the boys have been begging for all morning, and dinner will be baked fish, grits, green beans and salad.

I am wearing... work clothes today - white sleeveless button down top with green shorts

I am creating... a clean and comfortable home

I am going... to make time to get away to enjoy nature and a flowing water source somewhere, sometime this week

I am reading...Scarlett , but only here and there

I am hoping... to win the lottery!  hahaha

I am hearing...the boys talking in Zach's room

Around the house... The house is in pretty good order.  I need to put away the laundry that has been washed and folded and straighten the playroom some.

One of my favorite things... relaxing in a clean house after a hard days work

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week: I don't have any plans for the week yet.  It will be mostly an at home week.  Like I mentioned earlier I do hope to get away to enjoy nature somewhere even just for a picnic.

Here is picture thought I am sharing...

_MG_7218b

To enjoy more Daybook visit The Simple Woman.

4 comments:

  1. Love your 'picture thought'.

    Grits ... a Southern delicacy that, in all my many years of living in the South, I have yet to acquire a taste for.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post.....one of these days I'm going to do a simple woman's daybook post on my own blog.

    Grits.....never tasted them. No clue what they even are, though I've heard of them before......

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dinner sounded yummy. thanks for stopping by my blog. and i love reading your daybook. and look forward to visiting your blog regularly.
    jennie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well if you don't make it to that walk you can just look at your photo. LOL isn't refreshing look? I am really hot right now ac is out! I just had to comment though I wish I could come for Sunday dinner or leftovers either one is fine only if there is plenty of okra. Oh man. Oh man. One of my favorites!
    I enjoyed reading your blog. I will come back again. I came over to read your daybook.
    Have a Blessed week and I hope you get to play in the water.
    Smiles,
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin