Monday, August 4, 2008

Happy Not Back to School Day!

not back

 

Today was the big day for the public and private school children in our town.  You know the day - BACK TO SCHOOL! 

We have a tradition here at Hutcheson Heritage Academy of waiting until the day after Labor Day to begin our new school year.  But we always celebrate this day of the year with our own Not Back to School Celebration.

We began our day by sleeping in. Then we had cupcakes and cookies for the boys.  We went out to lunch at a pizzeria and then ended the day at the bowling lanes.  We enjoyed the day and all agree that we would like to go bowling more often.  We also enjoy the fact that we are able to enjoy the remainder of the summer and that we are blessed with home education and all that it brings to our lives.

not back to school by you.

2 comments:

  1. I got a kick out of this post.

    It was a huge shock to me when I first moved down south to discover that the kids start back to school in August. We never started back until after Labor Day. (Of course, we didn't get out for the summer until mid to late June, either.) Possibly an even bigger surprise, however, was that Memorial Day was not a holiday down here!

    ANYhoo, I'm glad you four had such a happy 'Not Back to School Day'. I really need to investigate the possibility of 'senior' leagues near where I live.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous idea, Tammy!

    I get a kick out of what my friend Amy and her family do on the first day of school (they are homeschoolers, too). They live near a public grade school, and all of the buses have to drive past their home in order to get to the school. Anyway, Amy's family spreads out a big blanket in the front yard, then they play and wave to all the kids on the bus heading to school. Hee hee....evil I know, and I love it. :)

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin