Friday, August 8, 2008

Flashback Friday

Each Thursday I get an email from The Atlanta Journal and Constitution notifying me of upcoming weekend events around the Atlanta area.  Last week I saw that George Michael would be in concert.

Now I must tell you that as a teenager, I was a huge fan of Wham! and then George Michael once he went solo. 

Today, I rarely listen to secular music and since we don't watch TV either, I'm not usually  up to date with what's going on in the world of entertainment.  I gather that this concert tour is a big event since it's George's first US tour in 17 years.

It has been years since I've listened to any of his music, but reading about the concert got me to remembering how much I use to enjoy it.  I started watching Wham videos on youtube and uploading their music to my mp3 player. 

It's amazing how music can take you back in time and bring back old feelings.  Listening to these songs has really made me feel uplifted and fun - almost like a teenager again.  I can't believe that I had forgotten about so many of the old songs either.

I've enjoyed my "flashback" and singing along with some of my old favorites and I wish I had gone to the concert!  These two songs are ones that I use to love but had forgotten over the years.

 

I would show you a photo of me as a teenager with my Wham! poster in the background, but it's boxed up at my parents house somewhere.

2 comments:

  1. How fun! I used to listen to Wham myself. Wake me up before you go go.... hee hee.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to enjoy listening to Wham, too. There really was some good music in the 80's.....

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin