Today I'm joining Little Jenny Wren in sharing a day in my life. We do this each month on the 14th as a way to simply record our activities for that day - moments in our lives that might otherwise be forgotten.
Today is Thursday August 14, 2008 and I don't have any special plans for today.
~ I woke around 6:00 AM. The rest of the family was still sleeping soundly so I was able to enjoy some precious quiet time alone with my dear Lord. I read a few chapters from the Bible, spent time in prayer and then grabbed my mp3 player and sang along to praise and worship songs as I exercised.
~ I showered and dressed and got ready for my day.
~ The morning consisted of taking care of those necessary and familiar household chores - caring for the animals, washing the dishes left in the sink from late night snacks, laundry, breakfast prep, ironing, and sweeping the floors of the never ending German Shepherd hair that has been shed.
~ I took a few moments to walk out into the backyard to see what was blooming and to enjoy the morning air. I was pleasantly surprised to find the air so comfortably cool -almost autumn like.
~ John Charles woke up and my day was truly going. I said a little prayer for patience, a peaceful day, and energy to match his.
~ After breakfast, Randy began his morning business calls while I spent time with John Charles. Our Little Jedi had a few duels, listened to a few stories and then we went outside and he played with the neighbors "mean cat".
~ Randy left for the mornings work and Zach spent some time playing with his brother so that I could check my emails and do a few things on the computer.
~John Charles wanted me to watch home videos with him. As we watched I made a mental note to myself that I need to start taking more videos before these childhood moments are lost.
~I put a cheesy broccoli and chicken casserole in the oven for lunch and gave Zach a list of things I wanted him to do while I watched John Charles play in the playroom and helped him change in and out of different costumes.
~I made a pitcher of iced tea, toasted some bread, and heated a bowl of peas to serve with the lunch casserole.
~The boys and I had lunch and I was so happy to hear John Charles ask me to read the Bible to them.
~ We did our daily after lunch chores and then went outside. I had Zach brush Greta to get rid of some of the hair soon to be shed. John Charles got upset because Zach didn't want to have a lightsaber battle with him.
~I brought him inside and we had a short afternoon rest - very short! We headed back outside but had to return when he got frustrated over his swing and started crying and screaming and with our neighbors being the way they are, I don't like to upset them.
~I started feeling like I couldn't get through the rest of the day with this strong willed, hyper acting, easy to loose control 3 year old. I called my best friend for a chat and cooling down time.
~ The boys started watching a video together and I worked on this blog entry.
~Randy got home from work and, after telling me about his day, I suggested that we get away from the house for awhile.
~Randy and I took John Charles to play at the City Park or as John Charles calls it "the silly park". Zach stayed home to finish up the things that were on his list from earlier in the day.
~As soon as we got to the park we heard thunder. The wind picked up and we could feel a storm coming. The cold air felt so good though, that we didn't even mind sitting through a few sprinkles. When it started to rain harder, Randy brought me an umbrella and told John Charles to play in the covered areas.
~The rain soon passed and we stayed until several other families showed up and then decided to leave since John Charles was starting to act a little wild.
~Randy dropped us back at the house and he went to the video store to see if they had the movie North and South. While he was gone I put a few ears of corn in the steamer and a lasagna in the oven for dinner.
~Dinner will be ready in about an hour and after that our plans for the rest of the evening are to spend some time with the boys, get John Charles bathed, have read a loud time and once the little one is asleep we'll lounge in bed watching our DVD.


Well, shuckeydurn, Tammy! Now, you've made me hungry. I've got to get up and go into the other room to see what I have!
ReplyDeleteIt sounds like a full, varied day. Your meals sound delicious.
ReplyDeleteMy, my, my..........3 year olds. roflol.....yup, they are way too active! :)
ReplyDeleteSounds like a good day....
ReplyDeleteWhat a full day! I like reading I'm not the only one with a boisterous 3 yr olds too. :-)
ReplyDeleteChristine