Saturday, June 7, 2008

Hotlanta

atlanta_hot

It is definitely Summer time in the South.  If you were here you would know why they call it "Hotlanta". 

Today was hot and humid with a high of 96 degrees.  Since Randy was home this afternoon, we made a quick trip to Home Depot and Lowe's.  Getting from the car to an air conditioned store would have been unpleasant enough, but we were shopping in the garden center!  Miserable!

We wanted to do a little work in the yard and I suggested that we wait until the sun went down and it cooled off some.  Randy said it would be 9 PM before that happened.  Since he operates an asphalt business, he's accustomed to working in the heat.  I'm not!  I told him what I would like done and headed back inside.  I only ventured outside to supply him with water to drink and to see how things were progressing! 

Children don't seem to notice how hot it is.  As I watched John Charles enjoying the day, there were so many moments that I wanted to capture forever.  But, I've misplaced my camera!  What will I do without it?  I don't know, but at least I'll be in the airconditioned house while I'm looking for it!

hotlanta-320x240

1 comment:

  1. 43 degrees here with a projected 65 as the high. lol. I do an awful lot of complaining in the winter, but our summer weather makes up for it.

    Girl, how do you MANAGE with it so hot there most of the time?????

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin