Friday, May 16, 2008

Routines

Friday-Teddy-Bears-Cleaning-House-Posters 

I've had a pleasant and productive morning today.  I have just finished my after lunch routine and am taking a computer break.  While I'm here I thought I would share some of our scheduled routines with my readers.  I know you've heard me mention that I did my morning chores and such many times. 

I have a control journal where I keep a list of the chores that need to be done and when I like them done.  I created this list when I was pregnant with John Charles so that Randy and Zach could run things for me when I was recovering.

I have routines scheduled that I call before breakfast routine, morning routine, after lunch routine, after dinner routine and before bed routine.  I also have different areas of the house and yard scheduled to be focus cleaned for each day of the week. In between our routines we do our school lessons and daily activities.

So far today we have completed:

Before Breakfast Routine

1.  Make Bed

2.  Shower and Dress

3.  Tend to Animals

4.  Personal Devotions

Morning Routine

1.  Start laundry

2.  Clean table

3.  Wash dishes

4.  Clean counters

5.  Dust furniture

6.  Wipe down bathroom

7.  Sweep kitchen, dining room, living room and bath

8.  Vacume  bedrooms

9.  Mop kitchen and bath

10.  Put out hotspots ( flat surfaces where papers and things pile up)

11.  Declutter the days zone

After Lunch Routine

1.  Clean table

2.  Wash dishes

3.  Clean counters

4.  Sweep kitchen and dining rooms

5.  Lay out dinner

6.  Reboot laundry

7.  Check garbage

8.  5 minute room rescue (cleaning the messiest room in the house)

9.  Spend time in the days zone

This is such basic cleaning that most women wouldn't need a list to follow.  But being the only female in the house, I need it to help my guys realize what needs to be done!

1 comment:

  1. How I love my Home Management Binder - it is such a help to me every time I use it.

    God Bless!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin