Tuesday, May 27, 2008

If Jesus Came

If Jesus Came

Would you have to change your clothes before you let Him in?

Or hide some magazines, and put the Bible where they'd been?

Would you hide your worldly music and put some hymn books out?

Could you let Jesus walk right in, or would you rush about?

And I wonder, if the Savior spent a day or two with you,

Would you go right on doing, the things you always do?

Would you go right on saying, the things you always say?

Or would life for you continue as it does from day to day?

Would you take Jesus with you everywhere you go?

Or would you maybe change your plans for just a day or so?

Would you be glad to have Him meet your closest friends?

Or would you hope they stay away until His visit ends?

Would you be glad to have Him stay forever on and on?

Or would you sigh with great relief when He at last was gone?

It might be interesting to know, the things that you would do,

If Jesus came in person, to spend some time with you.

Author Unknown

4 comments:

  1. It's been many years since I've seen this poem, Tammy. Wonderful of you to share it today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This reminds me of a quote I once heard: If you were on trial for being a follower of Christ, would there be enough evidence to convict you?

    ReplyDelete
  3. mmmmmm.... I need to read that poem regularly!
    Thanks for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Tammy,

    What a great poem! Thanks for stopping by and joining in the challenge. Just announce it on your blog with a link back to mine and remember to grab the graphic on the left--if it won't let you let me know and I can email the picture to you. Happy Home Keeping!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin