Little Jenny Wren has decided to chronicle a day in her life on the 14th of each month. She has invited her readers to join her. This is a recount of my day.
Randy had the day off today, so it hasn't been a typical Friday for us. Today I have done very little work . I've just enjoyed the day.
I rolled out of bed around 5:30. I have a hard time getting going in the mornings, but I made myself get up. It would have been very easy to stay in bed since Randy was sleeping in today. But I got up and after a few minutes I grabbed my headphones and turned up the praise songs for 30 minutes of indoor walking.
After that my body was awake for the day! I hopped in the shower and got myself dressed and ready for a fun family day.
Several weeks ago we decided that we wanted to adopt another dog. I have been searching Craigslist and shelters all over the state looking for just the right dog. On Monday I saw Audie and fell for him.
He was at a shelter an hour and a half away though and they won't hold animals for you to pick up. So he was adopted by someone else. I kept looking for another dog and last night I saw Macy.
We decided that we would spend today going to get her. We waited until the shelter office opened and called them to tell them that we wanted her. They will hold a dog for a short time only if you're in route. We were disappointed to find out that someone else had already called for her.
Randy said that he really wanted a Beagle puppy anyway and wanted to just stop by some other shelters to see if they had other dogs available that were not listed on the internet. We went to a shelter and they did have a full blooded Beagle mother who was nursing pups. The were mixed breed, but looked mostly Beagle. They won't be available until next Friday and the shelter worker said that if we wanted one, we need to be waiting at the door at 9 AM because they will be taken quickly.
After we left the shelter we stopped by McDonald's Playland to have lunch and let John Charles play. He wanted to go feed the ducks when we left, but it had started to rain.
We got in the van and headed to the post office to pick up some stamps and mail our Easter cards.
John Charles new that we were near Granny's house and asked to go see her. We went to visit her and to see how she was feeling since she had just gotten home from the hospital yesterday. She was feeling good and we enjoyed our visit.
When we left her house we went to visit my parents. They offered to let Randy and me go off for a little while and have some time to ourselves, but we just all stayed and visited with them.
On the way home from their house we stopped by a church yardsale. We didn't find much, just a movie and a ceramic Civil War soldier.
Once we got home I told Zach to get started on his lessons and I got a phone call from my best friend. While I was talking to her my mother called to see if I wanted to go out to dinner with her and my sister. Of course I did! I got changed and freshened up and before I knew it they were here to pick me up. John Charles ran out to the car to show them his tattoo and then we were off.
The restaurant was very nice and the food was delicious. I wish I had photos of the night, but they don't like me posting their pictures on the blog! After dinner we did some shopping around town and had a great time.
When I got home I told Randy and the boys about my night and talked to them for a while before putting John Charles to bed. He is now sound asleep!
Randy and Zach are having some father/son bonding while I'm blogging.
I just got a phone call from my mother telling me that there have been tornadoes in the Atlanta area, so I guess I'll end here and go listen to the news. Then there's dishes to be washed and laundry to be folded before I turn in for the night.


Sounds like a great day. Good luck with the puppy. Those other two dogs looked so sweet, I hope they went to caring homes.
ReplyDeleteI hope you get there in time to get the puppy. I enjoyed hearing about your day. Jan
ReplyDeleteSuch a nice photo of your boys!
ReplyDeleteI can't wait to scroll up and read your post on your new puppy. :)
Tammy,
ReplyDeleteYour new puppy is adorable! My girls want another dog, but we need to wait until the military is done moving us so much. Thanks for stopping by "a day in my life." Blessings,
Michelle