Thursday, February 7, 2008

Our Gorgeous Day

Punxsutawney Phil may have predicted six more weeks of Winter, but Georgia's General Beau predicted an early Spring. When we stepped outside this morning, it felt like Spring had arrived. P1181013

We had only stepped outside to hang out some laundry, but it felt so good to have the sun shinning on us that we spent most of the morning outside.

P1181011

Zach and I cleaned the porches while John Charles enjoyed playing with the outdoor toys that he has missed during the cold Winter that we thought would never end. I'm not so sure that the cats were as excited about us being outdoors as we were.

P1181016

We enjoyed eating our lunch on the porch and just lounging in the warm sun. We would have loved to stay out all day long, but we couldn't forget that there was still work to be done inside. We came in to do some cleaning and have a little rest time but we'll be back outside after our afternoon tea time.

P1181018

3 comments:

  1. Hi! Thanks for your comment on my blog. I love it when people stop by! You mentioned having never been to an aquarium -- well, I can imagine one in Atlanta might have one in Cincinnati beat for a number of reasons. LOL. You should definitely try to go some time! love Moey

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's been gorgeous here too! Supposed to be winter again by the weekend but I doubt it will last very long.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your pictures make me feel springy, too! We haven't had springlike weather, but it has been above normal. I think I'll make it through this winter! ;)

    Thanks for stopping by, and I hope you'll join up in March!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin